Development of ultra-high-performance momentum connectors
The aim of the project is the development of sensor-controlled, ultra-high-performance momentum connectors with high energy dissipation potential for indestructible high-rise buildings in earthquake areas.
In order to achieve the development goal, the following target parameters are being pursued:
The connection should
- be able to absorb forces which occur in standard multi-story buildings (at least 5 stories),
- be indestructible under stresses resulting from earthquakes,
- exhibit no changes in properties, even after repeated, multiple loading,
- be controllable,
- be easy to use, so that an anticipated higher material price can be compensated through a lower installation outlay,
- be employable in load-bearing structures made from steel, wood, concrete and possibly other materials and
- be adaptable to the respective engineering requirements as necessary.
Status: in process
Partners: TU Braunschweig, Pitzl Metallbau GmbH & Co. KG
Funding: German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) via the German Federation of Industrial Research Associations (AiF), Program ZIM